Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tsubasa Chronicle - Kurogane VS Kamui

Hi,
Above is my last wallpaper artwork which dated back at 6 Nov 2008. It is a fan-art based on the OVA of Tsubasa Chronicle - Tokyo Revelation. The movie is awesome, and I love the batle scene between Kurogane and Kamui. So I decided I should make this a wallpaper.

The development of this wallpaper was a major milestone to me.
I've learn how to :
1) Painting rocks, ground and dirt from scratch
2) Create a believable sky.

The process  of creating the wallpaper :

1) Sketch. I use Wacom to draw in Photoshop.



2) Then I start painting in base color. 


3) Then I start detailing the ground by painting in some rocks.


4)More detailing process.





5) I add light shines over the rocks and objects according to the light position.


6) Then I paint in the clouds. I also colors the tower at the back.

7) Done with the background, I then block in colors for the character.


8) Then I start coloring the character



9) I decided to change the sky as it looks fake. I use real cloud brush for photoshop to replace the old cloud. I also modify the sky color to more dramatic.




10) Based on comments in Animewallpapers and lowyat forum, I improvised the composition where I reposition the character and the tower. The final version of this is the first picture i posted on this post.


I hope this process breakdown may help someone who wish to do a digital painting or anything related.
Thank you
Free Advertising